Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Samurai are coming!

Both Wagstaff and I are fixing to go public with our tremendous infatuation with Hiroshi Inagaki's Samurai Trilogy (not shown above) through a series of three appreciations that will be published at the House Next Door. To accompany those pieces over the next few weeks, Liverputty International will be posting various shorter pieces touching on other samurai movies - and believe me, there are a lot of good ones out there! Pour a drink or two down my guzzler and I may make the audacious claim that samurai pictures, as a genre, are second only to westerns. Give me a few more drinks and I might stand on the table and say that they are second to none. Of course, not all samurai pictures are good - and Liverputty will not shy away from posting on the bad ones. So keep an eye on the blog for all your samurai needs.

No comments: