Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Farewell, Mr. Blair


Blair may be a "worm" according to my English history professor (pre-9/11, though I imagine that professor still feels the same way) in regards to his changing various institutions in England, namely the qualifications for the House of Lords - but, no matter how low his approval numbers get in the U.K. or how many times his courage and conviction is mistaken for being poodle-esque, he'll forever be welcome in my humble home - a pallet would be made and he'll get the best possible food in my cupboard, (should he ever need a place to stay) just for being such a loyal Anglosphere ally in the War on Terror. I always felt thankful when watching him in those lively parliament debates and listening to his eloquent and inspired defense for the war. God bless Tony Blair! Civilization owes him plenty.

No comments: