Sunday, June 11, 2006

More Thomas Cole

because it cooks in five minutes and is ready to post. He's just such a swell landscape artist. Anyone who can paint distance (not just perspective) is topnotch in my book

Morning Mist Rising, Plymouth, New Hampshire (1830)



Mt. Etna (1842)



Mr. Cole has a ruin-fetish, but then again, so do I


Aqueduct Near Rome (1842)



And when necessary, he can get Middle Earth on your ass:


Expulsion from the Garden of Eden (1828)



Expulsion - Moon and Firelight (1828)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't make me get middle earf on yo ass, beeyotch!

I don't know why I had to post that but I did.

Jeffrey Hill said...

I'm just relieved that middle earf doesn't give you wood.

Shelby Button said...

wood, did someone mention wood

i had to post something here anyways. jeffrey, those cole paintings are fantastic. it is a good collection of them, thank you for including all five in a series, it is just like visiting a gallery.

it is nice that images are included with articles.